Cantaloupe, Cream, and Raspberries makes a delicious combination for a frozen treat on a stick to cool the summer’s heat! Simple to make, fast to freeze, and ready in time for their after pool treat!!
You have to start off with a sweet ripe cantaloupe. Cantaloupe should have a little give; you should not be seeing green, it should be cream color. Then you’re going to feel the end where the stem was, you’re going to press gently if it gives easily and has a fragrant sweet scent, you got yourself a sweet cantaloupe. If it feels heavy, more then likely it will be juicy.
My appliance of choice is my Cuisinart Food Processor. It liquefies the fruit so well, and then you’re going to put the remainder of your ingredients in, for the exception of your raspberries. You’re going to blend it all together, very well. This is going to make a better popsicle.
I really like the popsicle molds I got from Amazon. They are food-grade silicone and BPA free. When your ready to fill your molds your only going to fill them 1/3 full and then you’re going to pop them in the freezer for an hour with the remainder of your filling going into the refrigerator.
A little hint for getting the best aim for pouring your ingredients in the popsicle forms; put the filling in a pitcher type measuring cup. You’ll have a better aim, it won’t be messy and very little waste.
After an hour you’re going to take your forms out and put your raspberries in nicely and the remainder of your liquid filling. Put your lid on and place your sticks in as well. Back in the freezer, they go and the next time you take them out they’ll be ready to eat.
With this recipe, I gave you a couple of ways to make them. You can make them with Triple Sec or with extra fine sugar. It depends on who you’re making them for. The Triple Sec recipe is so delicious and with the combination of cream, it’s just yummy!!
I hope you give them a try, I will be developing more of these popsicles this season and I’ll give you the liquor version as well the liquor-free version. So go ahead make something new and different to serve to your family and friends this summer. Great at your pool party, Independence Day party or all those summer birthdays!!
Cantaloupe Cream Popsicles
- 1 whole cleaned cantaloupe (skins and seeds remove)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream You can judge here; you may like it a little creamier
- 1 shot Triple Sec Can be purchased in a liquor store. Also you may want to add a little more then a shot; your choice.
- 1/2 cup Stevia or extra fine sugar Exception: If cantaloupe sweet you may want to readjust your sweetener according to taste. With the stevia, you would use the same measurement as the sugar since the two of them are equal to each other.
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 cup Extra fine sugar If you do not want to use the Triple Sec, you could make a simple syrup with 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of Ex. Fine sugar to the same about of water. Put in sauce pan stir sugar into water, continue to stir until completely dissolved, cool down before adding to other ingredients. Also you will add 1/2 tsp. of orange extract to simple syrup to make it taste more like the Triple Sec. And this would be the substitute for Triple Sec; so you would only use a shot of the sugar syrup
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. orange extract extract Only used if making simple syrup.
- raspberries whole
Clean and cut your cantaloupe add to your food processor; liquify your cantaloupe in your food processor
- Add in stevia and cream, give it a whirl, mix completely. Add your Triple Sec and mix again. Give it a taste test to see if it needs a little more of anything
- If you are not adding the Triple Sec, this is when you'll want to add your simple syrup according to taste, Remember to add your orange extract after your simple syrup cools down.
- Next your going to fill your popsicle molds only to about 1/3 of your molds. Now your going to put them in the freezer for an hour. Your going to put the remainder of your cantaloupe mixture in the refrigerator.
- After your hour goes by your going to take it out of the freezer AND the liquid cantaloupe out of the fridge, also take your clean raspberries out of the fridge too.
- Your 1/3 full molds should be frozen now. You are going to put about 2 raspberries in each mold and then your going top it off with the remaining cantaloupe liquid. After doing this your going to cover with lid and put a popsicle stick in each slot. Put it back in the freezer, freeze up; now they will be ready for all your guests.
Leave a Reply