This salad always seems to be requested when summer rolls around. Our family get together’s wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t have our tuna pasta salad.
This salad goes back to my high school years. This is where the practice of making this salad started. It happened to be my boyfriend’s favorite salad at the cafeteria in high school. I had told my Mom about it and she started to make it for family barbecues and the rest is history.
In today’s time, we are getting so sophisticated with everything from relationships to food, its sort of nice to pull out some of these golden oldies for that feeling of nostalgic comfort food that will help our memories recall times of the past.
When I make it I now use the larger elbow macaroni. I think it makes it just a bit more hardy. The Italian style tuna in olive oil just adds so much to the flavor, so make sure you get the one in olive oil to add to this salad.
Cookout Time Macaroni Tuna Salad
- 1 box large elbow style macaroni
- 1 Whole chopped bermuda onion
- 4 stalks with leaves Chopped celery
- 1 can Cento Italian tuna packed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar(According to taste)
- 2/3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs; chopped
- 1-Put your pot on for your pasta; bring to a boil
- 2-Wash and chop your vegetables; set aside
- 3-In large bowl put can of tuna and chopped hard boiled eggs in bowl and break up
- 4-Add your other vegetables and your dressing ingredients to bowl and begin to stir and work together
- After the pasta is cooked you want it to cool down somewhat before adding it into the bowl with rest of ingredients.
- Now your going to incorporate it all together by stirring and mixing; last your going to add your salt and pepper, stir in.
- Put it in the fridge and just let it sit in there until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply